How to Embed Google Drawings in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add Google Drawings to WordPress, using just a URL.
Google Drawings is free, diagramming software. Google Drawings allows you to create flowcharts, organizational charts, website wireframes, mind maps, concept maps, and many other types of diagrams.
Google Drawing embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed codes. All you need is the Google Drawing URL.
Here’s how to embed any Google Drawing into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin and a URL.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very useful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your Google Drawings
Before you can embed your Google Drawings into WordPress, you need to make sure that it is published and visible for the public.
- Login to Google Drawings and access the drawing you want to publish.
- Go to File > Publish to the web.
- Click the blue “Publish” button, as in the image below:
- Click the “OK” button:
- Google will now give you a URL. Copy this URL.
Step #3. Publish your Google Drawings Embeds
Now that you have the Google Drawings URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Google Drawings URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Google drawing:
- Publish your WordPress content, and your Google drawing will be embedded, as in the image below:
- Your Google drawing embed will be fully responsive:
- If you have a long Google drawing, EmbedPress has you covered. There will be a scrollbar on the right-hand side of the Google drawing, which will allow you to scroll further down to see more of the drawing
Step #4. Edit your Google Drawings Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the Google Drawing embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.