With the EmbedPress plugin, you can embed Wistia videos embeds to WordPress, using just a URL.
Wistia is a very cool video marketing service. It has a lot of features designed to make it easy to use videos in your marketing.
Wistia embeds are possible in WordPress, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Wistia video URL.
Here’s how to embed any Wistia video into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step 1: Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very powerful plugin that expands and improves WordPress’s embed capabilities. Install EmbedPress, and your WordPress site will have far more media options. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step 2: Get your Wistia video URL #
Before you can embed your Wistia video into WordPress, you need to get the URL for the video.
- Go to your Wistia.com account.
- Find the video you want to embed, as in the image below:
- Copy the URL of the Wistia video, as shown below.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that this video is viewable if you are not logged in to Wistia. Try opening another browser and visiting the URL. If your video is set to be “private,” then it can not be shared on your WordPress website.
Step 3: Embed The Wistia Video And Publish #
Now you have the video URL, you can embed it to your WordPress website using any editor you want.
- Open your WordPress site.
- ‘Add’ or ‘Edit’ a post or page that can be on Gutenberg Editor, Classic Editor, or Elementor Editor.
- Copy & Paste the link on your preferred editor and it will automatically then embed your content.
Let’s get the complete guideline on how you can easily embed Wistia video on your preferred editor below:
Embed Using Gutenberg Editor: #
- Click on the ‘+’ icon on your post content area in the Gutenberg editor and select ‘EmbedPress.’ You can also insert EmbedPress from the ‘Add Block’ button at the top of the page.
- Enter the URL into the block.
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Wistia video.
- Publish your WordPress content, and the video file will be embedded on the published page or post for users to see.
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
The embedded video only shows up on the site’s front end after the post or page is published in the Gutenberg editor. To edit the embed on Gutenberg, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the EmbedPress block on your editor.
- The block customizer will appear on the side panel of the Editor.
You can change the dimensions of the embedded video file and modify it the way you need with absolute ease.
Embed Using Elementor Editor: #
You can embed your Vimeo video using EmbedPress on the Elementor Editor.
- Drag & drop the ‘EmbedPress’ widget onto the Elementor editor.
- Paste the URL onto the ‘Content Setting’ of the widget from the Elementor side panel.
You can edit the embedded video on the Elementor editor with a few easy steps.
- Go to the ‘Style’ tab on the Elementor side panel.
- Change the dimensions, aspect ratios, and background color as necessary.
Embed Using The Classic Editor: #
You can effortlessly embed your video onto your Classic Editor with just a click.
- Paste the URL directly onto the ‘content area’ of the editor interface. Purple background with a “Loading your embed…” message will appear in the content area for a few seconds.
- The URL will be automatically converted into an embed of your Vimeo video.
You can also edit the embedded video on your Classic Editor using the following steps:
- Move the mouse pointer over the Vimeo video embed, and a purple button will show up at the top.
- Click the pencil icon, and a pop-up window will be visible with more options.
- You can modify your Vimeo embed URL, plus you can also modify the width and height of the embed.
Step 4: More Wistia features #
The free version of EmbedPress allows you to embed your videos with no changes to the video player. However, EmbedPress PRO offers a ton of powerful features to improve your videos. If you get the Wistia add-on for EmbedPress, you’ll be able to use all of those extra features. To learn more, visit this document.
With these simple steps, you can embed Wistia instantly into your WordPress website with EmbedPress using any of Gutenberg Editor, Classic Editor, or Elementor Editor.