How to embed MeetUp Groups & Events in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add MeetUp Events to WordPress, using just a URL.
MeetUp embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the MeetUp Event URL.
Here’s how to embed any MeetUp Event into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your MeetUp Account
- Login/Register at MeetUp.com (Optional)
- Browse bottom to website till explore section and select the appropriate entry
- Click on the event that you like to embed
- On event detail page, copy the URL from address bar
Step #3. Publish your MeetUp Embeds
Now you have the MeetUp URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your MeetUp URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your MeetUp Event.
Step #4. Edit your MeetUp Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.