With the help of EmbedPress, you can add TED videos to WordPress, using just a URL.
TED is a global set of conferences where people from all walks of life come, and give talks to spread new innovative ideas that can change the world.TED.com was launched in 2007 with the aim to build a house of free knowledge with the help of the world’s most innovative and motivational speakers from various fields like technology, health, arts, and entertainment, etc.
You can embed TED videos in WordPress, but it is not simple to embed by using standard methods. EmbedPress plugin is distinct and user-friendly. With EmbedPress, you don’t need to entangle around with embed codes. All you need is the URL of the presentation that you have published on TED video.
Here’s how to embed any TED videos into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin and a URL.
Step 1: Install The EmbedPress Plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves the capabilities of WordPress. Install EmbedPress on your WordPress site and it will become far more powerful and efficient. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step 2: Get TED Video URL #
Before you can embed the presentation into WordPress, you need to get the URL of the presentation.
- Log on to TED.com.
- Sign In with your TED account (optional).
- Choose a TED video you want to embed.
- Click on the “share” option on the screen, and copy the link. Or, you can copy the URL of the video from the address bar of the web browser.
Step 3: Publish TED Videos On Your WordPress Site #
Now you have the URL of the TED Video, you can add it to WordPress.
- Open your WordPress site.
- ‘Add’ or ‘Edit’ a post or page that can be on Gutenberg Editor, Classic Editor, or Elementor Editor.
- Copy & Paste the link on your preferred editor and it will automatically then embed your content.
Let’s get the complete guideline on how you can easily embed TED video on your preferred editor below:
Embed Using Gutenberg Editor: #
- Click on the ‘+’ icon on your post content area in the Gutenberg editor and select ‘EmbedPress.’ You can also insert EmbedPress from the ‘Add Block’ button at the top of the page.
- Enter the URL into the block
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your TED Talk video
- Publish your WordPress content, and the video will be embedded on the published page or post for users to see, as shown below
To edit the embed, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the EmbedPress block on your editor.
- The block customizer will appear on the side panel of the Editor.
You can change the dimensions of the embedded video and modify it the way you need with absolute ease.
Embed Using Elementor Editor: #
You can embed your TED video using EmbedPress on the Elementor Editor.
- Drag & drop the ‘EmbedPress’ widget onto the Elementor editor.
- Paste the URL onto the ‘Content Setting’ of the widget from the Elementor side panel.
You can edit the embedded TED video on the Elementor editor with a few easy steps.
- Go to the ‘Style’ tab on the Elementor side panel
- Change the dimensions, aspect ratios, and background color as necessary
Embed Using The Classic Editor: #
You can effortlessly embed your TED videos onto your Classic Editor with just a click.
- Paste the URL directly onto the editor interface.
EmbedPress will instantly embed and load the video onto any editor of your choice. But to customize the embed even further, follow the steps below:
- Move the mouse pointer over the TED video embed, and a purple button will show up on the top of it.
- Click the pencil icon, and a pop-up window will be visible with more options.
You can modify your video embed URL. In addition, you can also change the width and height of the embedded TED talk videos according to your requirements.
This is how EmbedPress can help you to embed Twitter tweets on your preferred WordPress editor Gutenberg, Classic, or Elementor Editor just with a few clicks.