- Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
- Step #2. Get Your Google Map URL
- Step #3. Embed Google Maps & Publish in Your WordPress
- Step #4. Editing your Google Map Embeds
- How to Embed Google Maps In Elementor With EmbedPress
- How To Embed Google Maps In Classic Editor
- More Google Drive Embeds
With EmbedPress, you can embed Google Maps embeds to WordPress, using just a URL.
Google Maps is an enormously popular service and, by some counts, is the most popular smartphone app in the world. People use Google Maps to show location information for their businesses, events and much more.
Google Maps embeds are available, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Google Maps URL.
Here’s how to embed Google Docs into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very powerful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful.
Step #2. Get Your Google Map URL #
Before you can embed your Google Map into WordPress, you need to get the URL for the map.
- Go to the Google Maps homepage.
- Find the map you want to embed, as in the image below:
- Copy the URL of this page. You need the long URL in your browser bar:
Step #3. Embed Google Maps & Publish in Your WordPress #
Now you have the Google Maps URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Click the + icon in the top-left corner of the editing area.
- Search for the “Google Maps” block:
- Enter the URL for your Google Map
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Google map:
- Publish your WordPress content, and your Google map will be embedded for visitors to see, as in the image below:
Step #4. Editing your Google Map Embeds #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a pencil icon will appear. This icon will show “Edit URL” if you hover over it.
- Click the pencil and you will be able to edit your embed:
How to Embed Google Maps In Elementor With EmbedPress #
You can use EmbedPress with Elementor to embed Google Maps in your WordPress website. Follow these steps to embed any Google Map on your website using the Elementor Editor.
Step 1: Select The EmbedPress Element #
First, create a new page from your WordPress dashboard by navigating to Pages→ Add New and then click on the blue ‘Edit With Elementor’ button. Then search for the ‘EmbedPress ’ element from under the ‘ELEMENTS’ tab in Elementor Editor.
Step 2: Enter The URL In Elementor #
Now click on the ‘Content’ tab in Elementor Editor and enter the URL of your Google Map embed in the ‘Embedded Link’ section as shown below.
Your Google Map will be automatically embedded in Elementor.
Step 3: Style Your Embed In Elementor #
Head over to the ‘Style’ tab and play around with the settings there to edit your Google Map embed in Elementor using EmbedPress. When you are done, click on the ‘Publish’ button to save your changes.
How To Embed Google Maps In Classic Editor #
Open up your preferred posts or page’s on WordPress Classic Editor.
Add your Google Map URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled. You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed” message. And within a few moments, your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Google Map.
More Google Drive Embeds #
- How to embed Google Docs in WordPress
- How to embed Google Drawings in WordPress
- How to embed Google Sheets in WordPress
- How to embed Google Forms in WordPress