How to embed Issuu Documents in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add Issuu Documents to WordPress, using just a URL.
ISSUU embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Issuu Document URL.
Here’s how to embed any Issuu Document into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your ISSUU Account
- Login/Register to issuu.com (optional)
- Click “Explore” on top left to browse through their content directory
- Click any of the article you want to embed on your WordPress website.
- From Content detail page, copy the URL from address bar.
Step #3. Publish your ISSUU Embeds
Now you have the Issuu URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Issuu URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your ISSUU Document.
Step #4. Edit your ISSUU Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.