How to Embed Google Sheets in WordPress
With the help of EmbedPress, you can add Google Sheets to WordPress, using just a URL.
Google Sheets is a spreadsheets program and it is a part of a free, web-based software office suite offered by Google along with Google Drive. It allows users to create, edit and upload spreadsheets online while working with other users in real-time scenario.
EmbedPress is a reliable and valuable plugin. With EmbedPress, it is very easy to embed Google Sheets in WordPress, you don’t need to entangle around with embed codes. All you need is the URL of spreadsheet that you have published on Google sheets.
Here’s how to embed any Google Sheets into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin and a URL.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress Plugin
EmbedPress is a useful plugin that improves capabilities of WordPress and allows users to embed videos, documents, audios, surveys from others websites like YouTube, PollDaddy and Facebook on their wordpress site very easily. Install EmbedPress in your WordPress site and it will become far more powerful and efficient. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Get the URL of your Google Sheet
Before you can embed your Google Sheets into WordPress, you need to make sure that it is published and visible to others to see.
- Go to Google Sheets, Login With the help of your Gmail Account.
- You can either create new spreadsheet or upload it from your Computer.
- Click on File option, dropdown menu will appear click on “Publish to the web”.
- Click the blue “Publish” button, as shown in the image:
- Click on “OK” button in the dialog box that appears after clicking on publish button.
- A link will be generated, your spreadsheet will be published and you can utilize this link to embed it in your WordPress Site.
Before you go any further, let’s check that your URL can be embedded on other sites:
- Your URL should end in /pubhtml
- Paste the URL into a different browser where you aren’t logged into Google. Can you still see the spreadsheet? If you can’t, then the spreadsheet hasn’t been correctly published to the web.
Step #3. Publish the Google Sheet embed in WordPress
Now you have the Google Sheet URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Open the dashboard of your WordPress site.
- Go to create a new Post or Page, or edit existing content.
- Copy Google spreadsheet URL that you have just published into the content area, with the “Visual” tab selected.
- A purple background with a “Loading your embed…” message will be visible for a few seconds.
- The URL will automatically become an embed of your Google spreadsheet.
- Publish your WordPress content and Google Sheet will be embedded for users to see, as shown in the image:
- Your spreadsheet will be responsive. You can scroll through your spreadsheet with help of the scrollbar on right-hand side of the embed.
Step #4. Edit Your Google Sheet Embed
While Editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the Google Sheet embed and a purple button will come up on the top of it.
- Click the pencil icon and a pop-up window will appear with more options.
- You can modify the Google Sheet embed URL. In addition to that you can also modify the width and height of the embed according to your requirements.