Table of Contents
With EmbedPress, you can add Cacoo charts to WordPress, using just a URL.
Cacoo offers diagram software to create and securely share flowcharts, wireframes, UML models, network diagram and more.
Cacoo embeds are possible in WordPress, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Cacoo chart URL.
Here’s how to embed any Cacoo Chart into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set up your Cacoo chart #
- Register or login to your Cacoo account.
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Create New Diagram” option.
- After that, you can choose from various categories and layouts.
- Select your diagram and add the information you need.
- Once you are done updating, hit the “Save” button in the top right.
- After saving the diagram, click the “Property””button in the top-right.
- Make sure that “Open diagram to public by URL” option is selected.
- Copy the URL that you can see in the highlighted box below:
Step #3. Publish your WordPress Cacoo embed #
Now you have the Cacoo chart URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Cacoo diagram URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Cacoo diagram.
Step #4. Edit your WordPress Cacoo embed #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.