How to Embed WordPress.tv Videos in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add WordPress.tv Videos to WordPress, using just a URL.
WordPress.tv embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the WordPress.tv Video URL.
Here’s how to embed any WordPress.tv Video into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your WordPress.tv Account
- Login/Register to WordPress.tv (Optional)
- Browse through or search for your favorite video.
- Once you are on video play page, click “Share” link & copy the Permalink as shown below:
Step #3. Publish your WordPress.tv Embeds
Now you have the WordPress.tv Video URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your WordPress.tv Video URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your WordPress.tv Video.
Step #4. Edit your WordPress.tv Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.