How to Embed Google Slides in WordPress
With the help of EmbedPress, you can add Google Slides to WordPress, using just a URL.
Google Slides is a presentation program and it is a part of a free, web-based software office suite provided by Google along with Google Drive service. It helps users to create, edit and upload presentation online while collaborating with other users in real-time.
You can embed Google Slides in WordPress, but it is not simple to embed by using standard methods. EmbedPress is different and unique plugin. With EmbedPress, you don’t need to entangle around with embed codes. All you need is the URL of presentation that you have published on Google slides.
Here’s how to embed any Google Slides into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin and a URL.
Step #1. Install The EmbedPress Plugin
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that increases and improves capabilities of WordPress. Install EmbedPress in your WordPress site and it will become far more powerful and efficient. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your Google Slides
Before you can embed your Google Slides into WordPress, you need to make sure that it is published and visible to others to see.
- Go to Google Slides, Login With the help of your Gmail Account
- You can either create or upload your presentation you want to embed.
- Click on File option, dropdown menu will appear click on “Publish To The Web”.
- Click the blue “Publish” button, as shown in the image:
- Click on “OK” button in the dialog box that appears after clicking on publish button.
- A link will be generated, your presentation will become public and you can use this link to embed it in your WordPress Site.
Step #3. Publish Google Slide Embed in WordPress
Now you have the Google Slides URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Open your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Google slides URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- A purple background with a “Loading your embed…” message will be visible for a few seconds.
- The URL will be automatically modified into the embed of your Google presentation.
- Publish your WordPress content and Google Slides will be embedded for visitors to see, as shown in the image:
- Your Google slides will be very responsive. You can go through all slides and also watch slideshow.
Step #4. Edit Your Google Slides Embed
While modifying your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed and a purple button will come up.
- Click the pencil icon and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
You can now change the Google slide embed URL, in addition to that you can also modify the width and height of the embed according to your needs.