Table of Contents
With the help of EmbedPress, you can add Google Slides to WordPress, using just a URL.
Google Slides is a presentation program and it is a part of a free, web-based software office suite provided by Google along with their Google Drive service. It helps users to create, edit and upload presentation online while collaborating with other users in real-time.
You can embed Google Slides in WordPress, but it is not simple to embed by using standard methods. EmbedPress is different and unique plugin. With EmbedPress, you don’t need to entangle around with embed codes. All you need is the URL of presentation that you have published on Google slides.
Here’s how to embed any Google Slides into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin and a URL.
Step #1. Install The EmbedPress Plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that increases and improves the embed capabilities of WordPress. Install EmbedPress in your WordPress site and it will become far more powerful.
Step #2. Set Up Your Google Slides #
Before you can embed your Google Slides into WordPress, you need to make sure that it is published and visible to others to see.
- Go to the Google Slides account.
- You can either create or upload your presentation you want to embed.
- Click on the File option, and choose “Publish to the Web” in the dropdown.
- Click the yellow “Publish” button, as shown in the image:
- Click on “OK” button in the dialog box that appears after clicking on publish button.
- Google will now give you a URL for the document. Copy this URL. You can use this link to embed it in your WordPress site.
Before you go any further, let’s check that your URL can be embedded on other sites …
Paste the URL into a different browser where you aren’t logged into Google. Can you still see the presentation? If you can’t, then the Google Sheets file hasn’t been correctly published to the web.
Step #3. Publish the Google Slide Embed in WordPress #
Now you have the Google Slides URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Click the + icon in the top-left corner of editing area.
- Search for the “Google Slides” block in the “EmbedPress” area:
- Enter the URL for your Google Slides presentation:
- Click the “Embed” button and you’ll now see your Google Slides embed:
- Publish your WordPress content, and your Google sheet will be embedded, as in the image below:
Step #4. Edit Your Google Slides Embed #
You can now change the Google slide embed URL, in addition to that you can also modify the width and height of the embed according to your needs.
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and an pencil icon will appear. This icon will show “Edit URL” if you hover over it.
- Click the pencil and you will be able to edit your embed: