How to Embed Google Maps in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add Google Maps embeds to WordPress, using just a URL.
Google Maps is an enormously popular service and, by some counts, is the most popular smartphone app in the world. People use Google Maps to show location information for their businesses, events and much more.
Google Maps embeds are available, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Google Maps URL.
Here’s how to embed any Google Docs into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very powerful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Get Your Google Map URL
Before you can embed your Google Map into WordPress, you need to get the URL for the map.
- Go to the Google Maps homepage.
- Find the map you want to embed, as in the image below:
- Click the blue “Share” button, as in the image below:
- Copy the link that Google gives you in the pop-up window. You can also take the URL directly from your browser window.
Step #3. Publish your Google Maps Embeds
Now you have the Google Maps URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Google Maps URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Google map:
- Publish your WordPress content, and your Google map will be embedded for visitors to see, as in the image below:
- Your Google Map embed will be fully responsive:
Step #4. Editing your Google Map Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the Google Maps embed, and a pencil button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus control the width and height of the embed: