With EmbedPress, you can embed Twitter Tweets, Mentions, or Collections to WordPress, using just a URL.
Twitter embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Twitter Tweet/Mention/Collection URL.
Here’s how to embed Twitter Content into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step 1: Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves WordPress’s capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step 2: Set Up Your Twitter Account #
- Login/Register to Twitter.com
- Browse through tweets or mentions to find the one that you wish to embed.
- Click on the “share” icon at the bottom of the tweet and select the “copy link to tweet” option. Or, you can simply copy the URL from the browser address bar.
Step 3: Embed Twitter Tweets & Publish #
Now you have the Twitter Tweet or Collection URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Open your WordPress site.
- ‘Add’ or ‘Edit’ a post or page that can be on Gutenberg Editor, Classic Editor, or Elementor Editor.
- Copy & Paste the link on your preferred editor and it will automatically then embed your content.
Let’s get the complete guideline on how you can easily embed tweets on your preferred editor below:
Embed Using Gutenberg Editor: #
- Click on the ‘+’ icon on your post content area in the Gutenberg editor and select ‘EmbedPress.’ You can also insert EmbedPress from the ‘Add Block’ button at the top of the page.
- Enter the URL into the block
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Twitter tweet
- Publish your WordPress content, and the tweet will be embedded on the published page or post for users to see, as shown below
EmbedPress will instantly embed and load the tweet onto any editor of your choice.
The complete embedded tweet shows up on the site’s front end after the post or page is published on the Gutenberg editor. To edit the embed, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the EmbedPress block on your editor.
- The block customizer will appear on the side panel of the Editor.
You can change the dimensions of the embedded tweet and modify it the way you need with absolute ease.
Embed Using Elementor Editor: #
You can embed your Twitter tweet using EmbedPress on the Elementor Editor.
- Drag & drop the ‘EmbedPress’ widget onto the Elementor editor.
- Paste the URL onto the ‘Content Setting’ of the widget from the Elementor side panel.
You can edit the embedded tweet or collection on the Elementor editor with a few easy steps. #
- Go to the ‘Style’ tab on the Elementor side panel
- Change the dimensions, aspect ratios, and background color as necessary
Embed Using The Classic Editor: #
You can effortlessly embed your tweet or collection onto your Classic Editor with just a click.
- Paste the URL directly onto the editor interface.
You can easily configure the embedded tweet using the following steps:
- Move the mouse pointer over the Twitter tweet embed, and a purple button will show up on the top of it.
- Click the pencil icon, and a pop-up window will be visible with more options.
You can modify your embedded tweet URL. In addition, you can also change the width and height of the embedded tweets according to your requirements.
EmbedPress can help you to embed Twitter tweets on your preferred WordPress editor Gutenberg, Classic, or Elementor Editor just with a few clicks.