How to Embed ChartBlocks Charts in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add ChartBlocks Charts to WordPress, using just a URL.
ChartBlocks is an enormously popular service that has worked as an alternative for AmCharts etc.
ChartBlocks embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the ChartBlocks Chart URL.
Here’s how to embed any ChartBlocks Chart into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set up your ChartBlocks account
- Login to your ChartBlocks account or create a new one.
- Once you are logged in, click “Create a Chart” button.
- This will take you through a wizard where you can either import data from a spreadsheet or enter it manually.
- Once wizard is complete, click share icon on top right and copy the Chart URL.
Step #3. Publish your ChartBlocks Chart Embeds
Now you have the ChartBlocks chart URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your ChartBlocks URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your ChartBlocks Chart:
- Publish your WordPress content, and your chart will be embedded.
- Your Google Doc embed will be fully responsive
Step #4. Edit your ChartBlocks Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.