AmCharts embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the AmChart URL.
Here’s how to embed AmChart links into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will have far more powerful media capabilities. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Create your AmChart #
- Go to https://live.amcharts.com and create a new account. You can also login using your Facebook or Github account
- After you create your account, click the “Make a Chart” button as shown below:
- You now go to a chart builder page, where you can choose from a variety of Chart Styles.
- Once you are done with creating your chart, you will have to save it and give it a name and description. Make sure that the “Public” checkbox is selected by default.
- After you save the chart, click the “Publish & Share” button which will take you to the chart detail page.
- Copy the URL from the address bar:
Step #3. Embed AmCharts and Publish on your WordPress site #
Now you have the AmChart URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page, or another content type.
- Add your AmChart URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- When you’re finished, you’ll see a real AMCharts embed, just like this one below. Test this example, and you’ll see that these embeds are 100% responsive!
Step #4. Edit your WordPress AmCharts embed #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil you will see a pop-up screen with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.