- Step #1. Install The EmbedPress Plugin
- Step #2. Get the URL of the Soundcloud audio file
- Step #3. Publish Your WordPress Soundcloud embed
- More WordPress Audio File embed options
- Get Live Experience Of Embedding SoundCloud
With the help of EmbedPress, you can easily embed SoundCloud Audio to WordPress, using just a URL.
SoundCloud is a world’s leading audio distribution website where users can upload, share, record, and promote their originally-created sounds and millions of users on SoundCloud can access it. The content on SoundCloud is divided between small-time musicians and popular musicians.
Step #1. Install The EmbedPress Plugin #
EmbedPress is a dependable and valuable plugin. With the help of EmbedPress, it is very simple to embed audio in WordPress; you don’t need to mess around with embed codes. All you need is the URL of the audio that you have selected to embed on your site. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Here are the steps to embed any audio into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin and a URL.
Step #2. Get the URL of the Soundcloud audio file #
Before you can embed the audio into WordPress, you need to get the URL of it.
- Go to SoundCloud homepage.
- Use your login credentials to sign in. (optional)
- Select the sound you want to embed onto your WordPress site from the various genres like disco, jazz, pop, or from the sounds you have uploaded.
- Click on the “share” option, a pop-up window will appear, and copy the URL of the audio from it.
Step #3. Publish Your WordPress Soundcloud embed #
Now you have the URL, you can use it to embed the audio in WordPress.
- Go to the dashboard of your WordPress site.
- Edit a Post or a Page, or create a new one.
Embed Using Gutenberg Editor: #
- Click on the ‘+’ icon on your post content area in the Gutenberg editor and select ‘EmbedPress.’ You can also insert EmbedPress from the ‘Add Block’ button at the top of the page.
- Enter the URL into the block.
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your SoundCloud Audio file.
- Publish your WordPress content, and the audio file will be embedded on the published page or post for users to see.
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
To edit the embed, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the EmbedPress block on your editor.
- The block customizer will appear on the side panel of the Editor.
You can change the dimensions of the embedded audio file and modify it the way you need with absolute ease.
Embed Using Elementor Editor: #
You can embed your SoundCloud audio using EmbedPress on the Elementor Editor.
- Drag & drop the ‘EmbedPress’ widget onto the Elementor editor.
- Paste the URL onto the ‘Content Setting’ of the widget from the Elementor side panel.
You can edit the embedded audio file on the Elementor editor with a few easy steps.
- Go to the ‘Style’ tab on the Elementor side panel.
- Change the dimensions, aspect ratios, and background color as necessary.
Embed Using The Classic Editor: #
You can effortlessly embed your audio onto your Classic Editor with just a click.
- Paste the URL directly onto the ‘content area’ of the editor interface. A purple background with a “Loading your embed…” message will appear in the content area for a few seconds.
- The URL will be automatically converted into an embed of your SoundCloud audio.
Your WordPress embed will be fully responsive.
To embed the SoundCloud audio in Classic Editor:
- Move the mouse pointer over the SoundCloud Audio embed, and a purple button will show up at the top.
- Click the pencil icon, and a pop-up window will be visible with more options.
- You can modify your Soundcloud embed URL, plus you can also modify the width and height of the embed.
More WordPress Audio File embed options #
- How to embed Spotify audio files in WordPress
- Embed ReverbNation audio files in WordPress
- How to embed Shoudio audio files in WordPress
- How to embed HuffDuffer audio files in WordPress
This is how EmbedPress can help you to embed SoundCloud audio files on your preferred WordPress editor Gutenberg, Classic, or Elementor Editor just with a few clicks.