How to Embed Coub Videos in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add Coub Videos to WordPress, using just a URL.
Coub Videos is an enormously popular video hosting service that has been much popular in recent times.
Coub Video embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Coub Video URL.
Here’s how to embed any Coub Video into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your Coub Account
- Register/Login to your Coub account.
- Once you are logged in, you can use “Create” button on top right, to upload your own video. You can either upload, record or paste a Youtube/Vimeo video instead.
- Once you have updated your video, grab the direct link like shown below in two images
Step #3. Publish your Coub Embeds
Now you have the Coub video URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Coub video URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Coub Video:
- Your Coub Video embed will be fully responsive.
Step #4. Edit your Coub Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.