Table of Contents
With EmbedPress, you can add SketchFab Drawings to WordPress, using just a URL.
SketchFab embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the SketchFab Drawing URL.
Here’s how to embed any SketchFab Drawing into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your SketchFab Account #
- Login/Register to your SktechFab account.
- Browse through the existing drawings using “Explore” button
- Click any drawing that you wish to embed. This will take you to Drawing details page.
- Copy the URL from Address bar to be used for embed purpose.
Step #3. Publish your SketchFab Embeds #
Now you have the Sketchfab Drawing URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your SketchFab Drawing URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Sketchfab Drawing:
Step #4. Edit your SketchFab Embeds #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.