Disclaimer: the site Ustream has shifted to IBM Cloud Video You can still follow our documentation to embed their videos, but the site now requires registering for a paid account (or a free trial).
With EmbedPress, you can embed Ustream videos to WordPress, using just a URL.
Ustream embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Ustream Video URL.
Here’s how to embed Ustream Video into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will have far more media options. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Find your Ustream video #
- Go to Ustream.tv
- Browse through the available channels.
- Go to the channel page that you want to embed.
- Copy the URL from the address bar.
Step #3. Embed Ustream Videos & Publish in your WordPress site #
Now you have the Ustream Video URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Ustream Video URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Ustream video:
Step #4. Edit your WordPress Ustream embeds #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.