How to Embed Scribd Documents in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can easily embed Scribd Document to WordPress, using just a URL.
Scribd is a digital library and world’s most popular platform for sharing and publishing all kinds of documents .It aims to offer easy access to information, to spread innovative ideas and to change the way people read.
EmbedPress is a reliable and valuable plugin. With the help of EmbedPress, it is very simple to embed Scribd document in WordPress, you don’t need to mess around with embed codes. All you need is the URL of the document that you have selected to embed on your site.
Here are the steps to embed any Scribd document into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin and a URL.
Step #1 Install The EmbedPress Plugin
EmbedPress is a useful plugin that improves proficiency of WordPress and helps users to embed videos, documents, audios, surveys and images from others websites like YouTube, PollDaddy and Facebook on their wordpress site very easily. Install EmbedPress in your WordPress site and it will become far more powerful and efficient. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2 Get URL Of the Document
Before you can embed the document into WordPress, you need to get the URL of it.
- Open Scribd homepage.
- Sign in with your Scribd Account.
- Choose the document you want to embed.
- Copy the URL of the image directly from address bar of the web browser.
Step #3 Publish Scribd Document Embed On Your WordPress Site
Now you have the URL, you can use it to embed the document in WordPress.
- Go to the dashboard of your WordPress site.
- Click on “Post” or “Page” icon from “New” option or Edit your previous post or page to add embed.
- Copy the URL of the document into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- For a few seconds a purple background with a “Loading your embed…” message will appear in the content area.
- The URL will be automatically converted into an embed of your Scribd document.
- Publish your WordPress content and document will be embedded for users to see, as shown in the image:
- The Scribd Embed will be responsive, you can download, share the document or also can go to full screen mode for better view.
- You can also scroll down to see the whole document with the help of scrollbar on the right hand side of the embed.
Step #4 Edit Your Scribd Document Embed
While Editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the Flickr image embed and a purple button will show up on the top of it.
- Click the pencil icon and a pop-up window will be visible with more options.
- You can modify your Flickr image embed URL, in addition to that you can also modify the width and height of the embed according to your requirements.