Table of Contents
With EmbedPress, you can add SmugMug Images to WordPress, using just a URL.
SmugMug embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the SmugMug Image URL.
Here’s how to embed any SmugMug Image into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your SmugMug Account #
- Login/Register to SmugMug.com (optional)
- Use the search option to browse through your appropriate topic
- On image search result page, click the Image that you like to embed
- On Image detail/view page, copy the URL from address bar.
Step #3. Publish your SmugMug Embeds #
Now you have the SmugMug Image URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your SmugMug URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your SmugMug Image.
Step #4. Edit your SmugMug Embeds #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.