Table of Contents
With EmbedPress, you can add Imgur Images to WordPress, using just a URL.
Imgur embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Imgur Image URL.
Here’s how to embed any Imgur Image into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your Imgur #
- Go to website Imgur.com
- Click on any Image/Gallery that you like to embed on your wordpress website.
- On Image/Gallery page, copy the URL from address bar for embed purpose.
Step #3. Publish your Imgur Embeds #
Now you have the Imgur Image URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Imgur URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Imgur Image/Gallery.
Step #4. Edit your Imgur Embeds #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.