Table of Contents
With EmbedPress, you can add Giphy GIFs to WordPress, using just an URL.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin #
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Copy the Giphy GIF URL #
- Go to Giphy.com and choose the desired GIF.
- Copy the URL from Address Bar.
Step #3. Publish your Giphy Embeds #
Now you have the Giphy URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Giphy URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Giphy GIF.
Step #4. Edit your Giphy Embeds #
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.