How to embed Vimeo Videos in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add Vimeo Videos to WordPress, using just a URL.
Vimeo embeds are possible, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the VideoPress Video URL.
Here’s how to embed any VideoPress Video into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very helpful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will become far more powerful. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Set Up Your Vimeo Account
- Login/Register to Vimeo.com (optional)
- Browse through the Video directory or use search box to find your favorite video
- Click on the Video you want to embed
- Copy the URL from address bar on Video View Page
Step #3. Publish your Vimeo Embeds
Now you have the Vimeo Video URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Vimeo Video URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Vimeo Video.
Step #4. Edit your Vimeo Embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the embed, and a purple button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus you can also control the maximum width and height of the embed.