How to Embed Wistia Videos in WordPress
With EmbedPress, you can add Wistia video embeds to WordPress, using just a URL.
Wistia is an enormously popular service and, by some counts, is the most video marketing service in the world.
Wistia embeds are available, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Wistia video URL.
Here’s how to embed any Wistia video into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very powerful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ embed capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will have far more media options. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Get your Wistia video URL
Before you can embed your Wistia video into WordPress, you need to get the URL for the map.
- Go to your Wistia.com account.
- Find the video you want to embed, as in the image below:
- Find the URL of the Wistia video, as in the image below.
IMPORTANT: please make sure that this video is viewable if you are not logged in to Wistia. Try opening another browser and visiting the URL. If your video is set to be “private”, then it can not be shared on your WordPress website.
Step #3. Publish your WordPress Wistia video embed
Now you have the Wistia video URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Add your Wistia video URL into the content area, with the “Visual” tab enabled.
- You will see a purple background with a “Loading your embed …” message:
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Wistia video:
- Publish your WordPress content, and your Wistia video will be embedded for visitors to see, as in the image below:
- Your Wistia video embed will be fully responsive:
Step #4. Editing your WordPress Wistia video embeds
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the Wistia video embed, and a pencil button will appear.
- Click the pencil and a pop-up screen will appear with more options.
- You can now change the embed URL, plus control the width and height of the embed:
Step #5. More Wistia features
Wistia offers a ton of powerful features to improve your videos. If you get the Wistia add-on for EmbedPress, you’ll be able to use all of those extra features: