How to Embed Wistia Videos in WordPress
With the EmbedPress plugin, you can add Wistia video embeds to WordPress, using just a URL.
Wistia is a very cool video marketing service. It has a lot of features designed to make it easy to use videos in your marketing.
Wistia embeds are possible in WordPress, but they’re not easy to use via normal methods. EmbedPress is different. With EmbedPress, you don’t have to mess around with embed code. All you need is the Wistia video URL.
Here’s how to embed any Wistia video into your WordPress site, using the EmbedPress plugin.
Step #1. Install the EmbedPress plugin
EmbedPress is a very powerful plugin that expands and improves on WordPress’ embed capabilities. Install EmbedPress and your WordPress site will have far more media options. Click here to find EmbedPress on WordPress.org.
Step #2. Get your Wistia video URL
Before you can embed your Wistia video into WordPress, you need to get the URL for the video.
- Go to your Wistia.com account.
- Find the video you want to embed, as in the image below:
- Find the URL of the Wistia video, as in the image below.
IMPORTANT: please make sure that this video is viewable if you are not logged in to Wistia. Try opening another browser and visiting the URL. If your video is set to be “private”, then it can not be shared on your WordPress website.
Step #3. Publish your WordPress Wistia video
Now you have the Wistia video URL, you can add it to WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress site.
- Edit a post or page.
- Click theh + icon to add a new block.
- Choose the “Wistia” icon in the “EmbedPress” area.
- Your URL will automatically be transformed into an embed of your Wistia video:
- Publish your WordPress content, and your Wistia video will be embedded for visitors to see, as in the image below:
Step #4. Editing your WordPress Wistia video
While editing your WordPress content, you can also edit your embed, thanks to EmbedPress.
- Hover over the Wistia video embed, and a pencil button will appear saying “Edit URL”.
- Click the pencil and you can change the embed URL.
Step #5. More Wistia features
The free version of EmbedPress allows you to embed your videos with no changes to the video player.
However, Wistia offers a ton of powerful features to improve your videos. If you get the Wistia add-on for EmbedPress, you’ll be able to use all of those extra features.